Full Time role in New York, NY
AI SpaceFactory is a multi-planetary architectural andtechnology design agency that’s building life-sustaining architecture for Earthand Space. Recently, our Mars habitat prototype MARSHA won half a milliondollars from NASA for its ground-breaking designs – the first-ever 3D printedhabitat of its height designed to enable human life on Mars. In the last month,MARSHA has gained top-tier press coverage around the world, from The WallStreet Journal, to BBC, to OGlobo, and more. We’re nowramping up our communications efforts for our next project, TERA – a home forthis planet borne out of our Mars habitat technologies. TERA brings Spacetechnology back to Earth, challenging the building industry’s massive waste ofmaterials through innovative, biodegradable construction.
We’re looking for someone with strong communications andcopywriting experience who is comfortable hitting the ground running: craftingstrong social posts and conducting media outreach on day 1. This person has ideallyworked in an agency setting and has a keen eye for finding and tellingcompelling stories while making technical information interesting to wideaudiences.
We’re a firm filled with jack-of-all trades designers andarchitects, so our work is both beautifully designed and carefully crafted. Ourideal hire would fit into this same bucket – someone who is able to marry beautifuldesign with compelling copy to craft posts, pitches, and press releases thatare both stunningly written and depicted.
- Create targeted outreach lists for influencers and potential partners/sponsors.
- Brainstorm innovative pitch angles and create targeted media lists.
- Draft press releases, key messages, fact sheets, and other media materials as needed.
- Monitor and respond to press requests in a timely fashion.
- Draft social media posts and social media ads;t rack social media and website analytics across platforms to ensure efficient use of social media platforms.
- Monitor and engage with followers across social media platforms.
- Provide weekly reports on acquired media placements, social engagement, website traffic, and conversions, paying careful attention to analytics, key learnings, and recommended actions for the following week.
- Provide input on high-level strategy and campaigns to grow audiences through all avenues (earned and paid).
- Liaise with AI SpaceFactory staff to acquire information for journalists and social media posts as-needed.
- Craft blog posts for the AI SpaceFactory website and make edits as-needed to website copy.
- 2-3 years’ full-time professional experience in communications or media relations required, with at least one year at an agency preferred.
- A keen understanding of the nuances between social media platforms, including knowledge of best practices for brands on social.
- Ability to write in a variety of voices to a variety of audiences, including speaking to and engaging journalists across beats.
- A curiosity and excitement for storytelling, with the ability to find stories everywhere and tell those stories to anyone.
- Exceptional writing ability that is concise, compelling, and free from grammatical errors.
- Great organizational skills, including the ability to independently create organizational processes to meet deadlines.
- A creative, visual storyteller who has an appreciation for great design.
- A relationship builder and problem solver who is professional, mature, empathetic, and able to take initiative with minimal direction.
Qualified applicants can apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.